Funk Factory Geuzeria Bière De Coupage Sour AleRegular price $26.99 Save $-26.99
Sour - Other | 6% ABV
Like last year’s blend, the 2019 Bière de Coupage vintage incorporates elements of young and old: our fresh, hoppy foeder-fermented saison and mature, barrel-aged spontaneous beer. This year, saison represents 57% of the composition which contributes mild supporting bitterness, lingering minerality, bright citrus zest flavors, and a subtle earthy spice. The barrel-aged component makes up the remaining 43% of the blend, and is comprised of three 2 yr-old barrels. These give the beer a mature acid profile, musty oakiness, and complementary stone fruit flavors. Overall, this batch has slightly less acidity than last year’s blend and brings more refreshing saison characteristics to the forefront while maintaining a thoughtful balance with the denser, funky flavors contributed by the barrel-aged spontaneous beer.
California Residents: Click here for Proposition 65 WARNING
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65
The following message is provided on behalf of California retailers:
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol